Introductory discount for new price plans extended & news for team accounts
After the introduction of our new pricing in mid-April we received a lot of positive feedback from our users but also criticism. We have taken this into account and made some adjustments to the new price plans. For example, the number of possible e-mail aliases per account has been increased, and the LIGHT price plan is now also available for team accounts, which is something that especially our user families have asked for.
We are very pleased with the positive feedback on the new price plan structure and, together with our attractive switch offer for existing customers, this has already led to many tariff changes. Good reasons for switching to the new tariffs are:
- Individual mail and cloud storage
- More aliases for your custom domain
- Support over the phone coming in summer (PREMIUM plan)
- Generous introductory discount when you switch
Existing customers who prefer to keep their old plan can do so – no action is required. Everyone else should take note of our special offer for those who want to switch:
50% discount for switching plans – extended until 15 June 2021
We would like all our existing customers to benefit from our introductory offer when they switch from their old price plan to a new STANDARD or PREMIUM plan. A technical problem has unfortunately prevented some of those on team accounts with joint billing to make use of the offer. This will be fixed during next week, and to make sure no one loses out because of this issue, we have extended our introductory offer for existing customers until 15 June 2021.
How to use the 50 % discount for switching plans
Only once during the introductory period, existing customers receive two years in the STANDARD or PREMIUM plan for the price of one year. How does it work? Switch your price plan to STANDARD or PREMIUM and choose the option “24 months for the price of 12 months” when paying for your subscription. This option will be available in the drop-down menu for the payment method.
1. Switch your plan: Settings → mailbox.org → Contract and Fees → Switch to a STANDARD or PREMIUM price plan
2. Select the offer here: Settings → mailbox.org → Add Credit to your Balance → Select the discount from the drop-down menu: “24 months for the price of 12 months”
- If you want to stay on your current price plan then you don’t need to do anything.
- Note that once your account has been switched over to a new price plan, you can no longer go back to any of the legacy plans afterwards.
- When switching from a legacy plan to one of the new price plans, your credit balance will be transferred automatically. The amount will be converted to reflect a corresponding contract period.
News for team accounts
- Team account members with joint billing can switch to a new price plan together, during next week
- Members of team accounts with an @mailbox.org address can go LIGHT
Switching plan with joint billing
Those users who manage a team account with joint billing can comfortably move the entire team to the new price plans, during next week.
Individual team members will be able to switch to the LIGHT plan if they use @mailbox.org e-mail addresses. If they use an e-mail address with a custom domain name then a switch to the STANDARD plan will be required. (Please note that LIGHT accounts may only share calendars and contacts with other team members.)
Switching plan with separate billing
If billing is separate for all team members then admins and members can each switch individually to a new price plan.
Individual team members can now also choose the LIGHT price plan if they use @mailbox.org e-mail addresses. If they use an e-mail address with a custom domain name then a switch to the STANDARD plan will still be required. (Please note that LIGHT accounts may only share calendars and contacts with other team members.)